2011 UFO #7 Kourageous Iris, September 1, 2011

Let's start by saying I was sweating the completion of my August BOM with Patchwork Times this month.  I had quite a lot to accomplish today, but...I finished in time (thank you Bonnie for thinking of me during your services tonight) and with only one major redo that happened on Monday night.  I really like the flower design results with Linda Causee, but it would have been much better had she given a "key" to the fabrics.  I've had a terrible time with what fabrics go where.  I sew mostly in the evenings when the light isn't the best, which ends up with lots of difficulty in determining what fabrics go where.  Okay enough, I've gotten through it and I'm leaving the paper removal to Bonnie tomorrow at lunchtime!  I'll need to square it up after that of course.
IRIS (UFO#7) August 2011
So I'm finished with all eight UFOs to date.  Judy...I'm ready for September!  Here's what Kourageous looks like so far.  I've skewed the photo a bit so the Meadow Clary block isn't as skewed as it looks here and the Iris block still needs Bonnie and squaring up!


Check out other UFO completions for this month at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Another great flower. These blocks intrigue me. Your fabric choices have made them uniquely yours. They are beautiful!

Betty said...

As usual you did great, I love the fabric choice, The Iris looks just beautiful. Love it......

JudyCinNC said...

Just beautiful - I really like this. I also was 'running' late and finished mine last night at 10 pm. But finished is better than not finished any day. Judy C in NC

Katie Z. said...

Quite lovely.

PeggyinNO said...

Those are great "WILD" flowers!! C

Katie said...

They all look so great. I'm sure if I tried to use such wild fabrics, I'd end up with something that would make even the most generous person go BLEH!

Donna~~ said...

Another lovely flower--this is going to be so neat when they are all finished! (I finished mine late last night too!)