Sunday Stash Report, November 14, 2010

Good morning, it's a beautiful day here in sunny San Diego.  We've had some great weather of late, cool and crisp and totally clear.  Makes for a beautiful morning walk.  I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for Friday to arrive and Clue #1 of Bonnie Hunter's mystery project Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.  There certainly are a lot of different fabric choices being made by those who plan to sew along.

This week I've been spending my sewing hours with binding Krumbs, readying Kandy Korn for Kerry's Quilting, sewing up a surprise Christmas gift for Adel, and NOT working on my last 2010 UFO (2009 Kruisin Kwilt).  Instead of working on the UFO that's due the end of November this gift for Adel has gotten my attention most of the time this week.  It's a tree skirt from a pattern in the Special Holiday Issue of The Quilter 2009 called Christmas Patch by Christina McCourt. Adel is crazy about Betty Boop, so this one is using scraps (of course) from my stash.  Today I'll be quilting it with the hopes of having binding to work on later today.  So this is the stash that I'm reporting as used this week.

Tomorrow is Canyon Quilt Guild's November meeting.  It's our holiday pot luck and challenge meeting for the year since we don't meet in December.  I've still been thinking about what to bring.  I always like to bring something towards an entree, but homemade which is pretty difficult since I work all day and go directly to the meeting after work.  For several years now I've been making something in a crock pot under my desk at work.  It's ready by the time I'm enroute to the meeting.  Only a couple downsides to this 1) I've got to prepare something that is not too messy to transport and 2) the aroma of what's cooking waifing up from below my desk about half way through the day....  The challenge part of the meeting this year is to make an apron of your design.  Judging is by membership for three different categories.  I did not participate in this year's challenge--just too much going on right now for me.  I'm sure there'll be lots of clever aprons as this is a group of gals with amazing imaginations.

I suppose there are lots of reasons to have UFOs, but this one certainly can be said in bold and spelled out in capitals because I'm just not inspired to get it done.  Good thing I'm a stickler for getting done what I say I'm going to do!  I'll be pulling fabrics from my stash for this one after the tree skirt project is off my sewing surface.  Need this UFO started and in full swing yesterday!  Got to get ready for Friday's Clue #1!

Here's my report for this week.


Used this week: 7.25 yards

Used YTD: 136.75 yards

Purchased this week: 0 yards

Purchased YTD: 10.25 yards


Net Fabric Used in 2010: 128 yards


Go to Judy's blog at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and see other Sunday Stash Reports.


Check back tomorrow's Design Wall for a photo of Adel's Betty Boop Tree Skirt!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

That tree skirt pattern looks great, that is something I have never made. I didn't do guild challenge this year either, to much else going on. Let me know what you decide for pot luck as I need ideas for two quilting pot lucks in December.

Betty said...

I like your tree skirt pattern, I know Adel will be surprised and very happy. I got a great soup receipe, that I used when we went to Williamsburg last week. You would have to go to the store for ingredients though. It was great. I will be checking later to see how you made out with the tree skirt. Send a close up photo.