Sunday Stash Report, November 7, 2010

Really late tonight in submitting my report.  There was a reason though!  I've been working all day to finish Kreamed Korn.  I've just finished putting on the last border for my project which is a smaller one than that of what JudyL's Peaches and Dreams directions called for.  I stopped just after the background border that borders the pieced one.  Mine finishes at 74" x 86".  I'll be assembling the back 10 1/2" (80) squares for the back tomorrow.  Kreamed Korn will have a dark binding from all the dark fabrics I have left.  I really stirred the bottom of my stash to come up with enough oranges.  So I'll be claiming yardage today since this project requires nothing more.  Question...when a pattern doesn't call out yardage fabrics as most scrappy designs don't...how do you calculate yardage?


Kerry and I decided on a different direction of fabrics than what I first pulled from my stash that will be used for BonnieH's mystery Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll.  I interpreted her colors as brights and my quilt buddy Kerry suggested something different.  We are going with Bonnie's suggested colors which are a bit toned down than my first pick.  I've got very little double pinks to add, but plenty of greens and browns to get us through (along with a good variety of neutrals).  This is a joint project so together we selected the red constant fabric yesterday at Rosie's Calico Cupboard Quilt Shop in La Mesa.  We'll wait to decide on what to do with the green border that was suggested.  I've got my half already named Kotton.  (Kerry purchased the red constant fabric so that's why no add to my count!)  Waiting now for Clue #1 that's scheduled for release on or about November 19th.


Between working on BonnieH's mystery I will be working on my last 2010 UFO that is due on November 30th.  This one will be red, white, and blue fabrics and will be called 2009 Kruisin Kwilt.  The blocks patterns are what was collected in 2009 during the Cruisin' Quilters Run in March around San Diego.


Last I got back Krumbs from Kerry's Quilting yesterday.  This quilt design is from BonnieH's website called Fun with Bricks.  It's preped for binding and sleeve which I fit in while working on Kreamed Korn.  I've yet to sew these pieces to the quilt, but will before Monday Night Football where I plan to do the hand sewing. 

Look tomorrow for pictures of Kreamed Korn on my Design Wall.  Here's my numbers for this week:

Used this week: 11 yards

Used YTD: 129.5 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 10.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 120.75 yards


Go to Judy's blog at http://www.patchworktimes.com/ and see other Sunday Stash Reports.

No comments: