Sunday Stash Report, November 21, 2010

Here we are at the start of a fresh new week, the last full week of November.  The big Thanksgiving Holiday just a few days away from today.  Do you have anyone traveling who is concerned about the new TSA boarding policy?  Frankly, I'd prefer to be safe if unfortunately this is what it must take thanks to the few who continue to make it so for us.  There's always a car, bus train, or boat right?  All this transportation stuff aside, I hope that you have a nice Thanksgiving Holiday.

Further communication with Quiltmaker has me busy having appraised both Koh-i-noor and Kiwiberry.  I have an appointment with Julia Zgliniec a little later this morning. Julia is a certified AQS Appraiser that I've used a few times before for appraisals.  She's located not far from my home which makes it convenient.  I'll be shipping this week in hopes that the quilts will reach their destination by Wednesday.


Thursday the surprises continued one more day with an award for recognition.  I haven't yet decided what this unexpected surprise will be used for, but it's sure to be something fun.  Thursday and Friday I started assembling the first blocks of 12 that will comprise the last 2010 UFO.  There are three other blocks that were part of the 2009 Cruisin Quilter's Run that will be assembled for the back as they are not very "star" themed like the rest.

Block #4
Saturday all Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll fabrics in hand I headed over to Kerry's for a day of sewing.  On tap for today until finished Clue #1.  Kerry had the long arm humming while she sewed the 2" strips of pink/green/pink together.  I'd take take it from her to the ironing table and then to the cutting table where they'd be cut a second time into 2" segments.  Somewhere along the process it occurred to us that we just loved what we saw with the combination of color and the quantity of fabrics we had available to make two full quilts instead of splitting one.  We made an additional 172 segments then split the entire 344 equaling out the variety of fabric combinations proportionally.  Now we will have to find another red constant since we'd only planned for one quilt.  We both are going to start pulling potential fabrics for 10 1/2" squares for the back.  This might be a challenge as we've depleted most of the color groups used in this quilt for earlier projects...stash it needs to be!  Did I mention that I've already named my project Kotton? Bring on Clue #2.

Clue #1
I'll spend the day today on binding.  I've got Kreepy, Adel's Betty Boop Tree Skirt, and Koala all ready for needle and thread and of course Kaos and maybe even Koko will nap awhile.  It's still rather damp and chilly with rain being called for still through Tuesday.  No stash to report as used and nothing to report as purchased either.  Next week I'll claim a use with my UFO 2009 Kruisin Kwilt that's certain to be finished just in the nick of time.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 136.75 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 10.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 128 yards

Go to Judy's blog at Patchwork Times and see other Sunday Stash Reports.

2 comments:

Amy said...

**mouth agape**

you have only purchased 10.25 yards this year???!!??!?!!?!?

Oh----give me your strength!!!!!!

Kathie said...

No you didn't really beat me to posting this morning, I was just to early and Judy didn't have her blog ready to link to,.lol

As for travel, I am not going to fly anymore unless I absolutely HAVE TO!!

Sounds like you have been very busy.