Sunday Stash Report, September 1, 2013


This comic seemed appropriate for today!

I picked this fabric up at Rosie's this week.  It will be used for the binding on Kartwheels.  I really like the design.  Kartwheels has a very busy border and along with the quilting pattern and thread I felt it needed to be a one fabric binding.  I had enough of all the fabrics to do something pieced...a little too much...although I sure was tempted.

This next fabric was also gathered from Rosie's.  Rosie sure knows how to stock the solids.  I started thinking of a purple; then changed my mind to a light gray.  I was carting both bolts around trying to decide; was sure I would go with the purple again...went to put the light gray back and started looking at a darker gray.  Well you see what I came home with!  This fabric is one of many for Konqueror that I'll be doing in a class at the San Diego Quilt Show next Thursday with Joyce Weeks called Survivor.  The project is a scrappy one, but this fabric is predominate.  The scrappy fabrics will be reproduction Morning Grays that I shared with you last week from Fat Quarters Shop.

And the purchases keep adding up with fabrics for If the Hat Fits a Buggy Barn Design for a class next Saturday.  Bits and Pieces in Poway had a nice sale this weekend; purchase two and get one free.  This was for yardage or notions.  I did a bit of both with three pieces of yardage and three FQs.  The green gray stars and the black will go for If the Hat Fits and the others, well just to my stash.

Three more purchases this week!  Whew STOP already!  A second trip to Rosie's brought me some fabrics that will be used for If the Hat Fits and Konqueror.  I also picked up a couple of small scale blacks a stash enhancement.

Country Loft was next on my Friday after Rosie's.  I will be making another Buggy Barn Design in the near future Crazy as a Bird Dog so I'm building up with more small scale prints.  I'm thinking the project will be in browns and greens.

Finally my order from Fat Quarters Shop arrived.  These fabrics are for a the Buggy Barn design Today is Your Birthday!  I'll share more about this project another time, but it will be moved through my sewing room like lightening.  It needs to get to Kerry's Quilting quick so that I can have it back by the first week of October.

For now my stash stats for the first day of September 2013...

Used this week:  13 yards
Used YTD:  271.5 yards
Purchased this week:  23 yards
Purchased YTD:  83.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  188.25

For more stash busting quilters see the many links at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Betty said...

Looks like you had fun buying fabrics, you haven't bought many for awhile. You also have a lot of sewing to get done. but with your speedy hands they will all be finished on time. Love all your choices.

Melanie said...

The color combinations are so pretty! I love it and can't wait to see how you put them all together. :)

Lori said...

Your stash report is doing great. Everyone needs to add a little to their stash, its like feeding sourdough starter.

Janet O. said...

Oh, you had too much fun! Some wonderful fabrics here, Sandi.
I went to a quilt shop Friday that I only get to about once a year and all I bought was a yard of fabric for my mother. I need you to help me shop!! : )