Sunday Stash Report, May 12, 2013


Happy Mothers Day!  Wish I had plans with my Mom today.  Mom you are definitely on my mind and soon on the phone...wish there weren't so many miles between us...

I've got a great report this week!  I've jumped over the 100 yards used and it's only May still.  At this rate 200 yards for 2013 looks very promising!

I finished Kartwheels.  (Judy Niemeyer Mariner's Star.)  What a beauty this project has turned out to be.  Thank you everyone for all your wonderful comments.  I'm going to be entering Kartwheels in this year's San Diego Quilt Show.  I'm sure Kerry will quilt it perfectly as she always does.  Kartwheels was started in May 2011; funny that I should finish it the same month two years later.  I'll start into another from that year's list.  I have four more to finish.  Will it be Kaskade (Deb Luttrell Ice Castles), Koriander Kompass (Brenda Henning Spice Islands Compass), Krossfire (Judy Niemeyer Jumping Jax Flash), or Kurry (Judy Niemeyer Briar Patch)?  Each of these are as involved as Kartwheels.  One of these will challenge me totally for a few weeks until 2013 June UFO is announced.


Kartwheels, 2011 UFO

Knautical is done too.  (Judy Laquidara Scraps Ahoy.)  Two totally different quilts you can certainly see.  Using up scraps is my main goal and Judy sure helped me do that with her quilt along from a year or so ago.


Knautical, May 2013 UFO



Used this week:  32 yards
Used YTD:  152 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  38 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  114 yards

There are more quilters using their fabric stash in lots of different ways.  Find time to visit Patchwork Times to see what others are doing.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a great week for two finishes! Congrats - they both look great!

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, fabulous! Congratulations and good luck for the quilt show!

Suzanne said...

Wow...your numbers are amazing! And your finishes are beautiful!

Julie in GA said...

Your numbers are great, and both quilts are beautiful! I adore that Mariner's Compass quilt.

Betty said...

I wish I was with you as well, just too many miles in between. Can't believe that you got Knautical finished so soon. Do you ever go to bed? Love you.

Janet O. said...

I'm sorry you and your Mom have to spend Mother's Day across the country from each other.
I know I say it all the time, but I just can't get over how quickly you put a quilt together--even the complicated ones.
If Kartwheels ever disappear from your house, you will know I found out where you live!! : )