Sunday Stash Report, March 12, 2023

 

This week I worked on three panels from my Mom's stash that needed to be made up into kits for her to stitch.  I will be traveling for a visit in late April and want to get these done before hand.  Each of the three panels were similar with the same flowers but the borders around them were different.  Of course I didn't want to make the same design with each of them =^.^=

Using my stash to complete each one into a lap size worked out well.  This is the red panel.  I have had this stripe from an earlier project for a long time.  It worked out perfect.  (Mom will be doing the ironing!).  Of course this is not the final design.  An inner border of solid white and an outer border of red/white dots will finish the top.  I have a green for the binding already made.  This one will need a back.

I struggled with this one.  I didn't have enough fabric to be very creative unless you consider the borders being only on the top and right.  This was the green panel.  I found a gold in my stash that had been purchased for different project.  After the audition for the initial project was determined a failure it collected dust in my stash.  It is one that would have worked, but that time just didn't come.  Out it came from stash and into Mom's green panel project.  Perhaps some decorative stitching by the quilter will work out for the two blank spots on the right.  I had a back and enough gold for binding.

Well you can see what's going on with me.  I am working on the blue panel now.  Mom's panels meet my stash!  

Used this week: 6 yards 
Used YTD: 33.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 16.75 yards
Net used in 2023: 16.5 yards

No comments: