Design Wall Monday, September 26, 2022

 

While I visited my parents the opportunity to attend one of the Quilters by the Bay monthly meetings was held.  Of course I attended and to my luck won the BOM.  I am playing around with the layout right now.  I have some scraps from a long ago project I helped my Mom with so what do you think about using them?  The pattern is called Trick or Treat by Diane Harris.

There were two identical blocks and two that just didn't work well for the more Halloween project I was looking to make.  The three on the bottom will make it to another project somewhere down the road; perhaps Christmas themed.
So I made these two new ones.  The first pulls in the more "tan" background and the purple candy. The second pulls in the green background with the purple candy.  I am pleased with the blocks, but now what about the sashing and borders?  Do you think I need something different or am I good to go?

I also won a door prize.  I always liked the cats in the vegetables designs that Story Quilts put together some years back called Carden Patch Cats.  As you can see this one is Podcats, Block Eight of Helene Knott's series.  The fabric came along with the win and likely intended for the background.  I'll probably use it when this pattern comes to the sewing table.
I worked on more "Mom" projects, but did find time to decide how I wantedto store for showing off some of my quilts with this new piece of furniture from Wayfair.  Trust me there are so many others in my home that won't be seen unless you open up not one, but two closets...stand back if you do =^.^=

Make sure you check out Mom's blog SewWhatElse.


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think you have made a great call with those blocks. Looks like you were on a roll for lucky wins.
What a wonderful way to store/display some quilts.
I saw that your Mom had posted, but haven't had a chance to read and comment. Glad you had a chance to spend more time with her.

Nancy J said...

I hopped over, those blocks on the wall are truly lovely, and the cakes, what milestones to arrive at.. May I live as long too, and although I don't play golf, be able to enjoy every day.

Betty said...

Great choice your completed BOM quilt is great. Love your beautiful quilt display cabinet. Lol you need at least five more.

Kerry's Quilting said...

Love your new quilt storage table! Fits perfect in the space. Like your choice of fabric for the candy blocks.