Design Wall Monday, August 1, 2022


So how many 1" finished HSTs do you think are in the photo?  I will give you a hint...it is less than a 1/3 of what is needed to satisfy the units necessary for Clue 5, O Say...Can You Sew!  If I had sewn another 72...  Now that is two hints!  Don't fret, the answer is on Lisa Bongean's blog post today for Clue 5.  Let me say there are a whole lot more to go before the next Clue is released a month from now (the first Monday of the month).


As I video spoke to my parents from the floor of my sewing room yesterday more blue was pulled from my stash or mistakenly called trash by my Dad.  (The three of us got quite a laugh by his honest mistake.)  The fabrics on the right are new blues from my sewing room stash.  Next to look for anything in my 2 1/2" strips stash.  Pretty sure I have already taken from here, but worth the look!


Wonky Wishes was in my look too.  It took most of the evening to pull for it.  I will be making a size similar to Hopscotch Butterscotch.  Doing this will make the back a little easier to achieve from my stash or if needed purchase on a good sale.  Wonky Wishes, no matter how many I make, will be for charity too.  What you see makes the 20 12" blocks.  It gets sashing and a border as well.  At the rate you see above it will take a lot of Wonky Wishes projects to use up my 2 1/2" strips.  I may need to rethink a project that uses up more fabrics!


Not a year goes past that Steve isn't remembered on his Birthday.  He has been celebrating in Heaven for many years now, but it doesn't change a thing when August 1st rolls around.  I believe Steve is celebrating with the angels this day!

No comments: