Sunday Stash Report, October 25, 2020

Shortly after waking this morning there was a heavy shower that maybe lasted for two minutes...  Weather sure has been getting closer to what it should be this time of year for San Diego!  Enjoying the cooler weather.

I have two completions to claim this week YIPPEE!  Irelyn's quilt and the blue quilt are both done.  Both need 'K' names...  They will be off to Kerry's Quilting tomorrow.  Kerry is expecting them and will rush them through her lovely quilting.


Irelyn's quilt is very soft looking.  Color selections come from Kaitlyn that match Irelyn's bedroom.  Irelyn is due the first part of November and I'm hoping to have it to Kaitlyn and David before her birth.

The blue quilt will be on hand.  I had already pulled the blues from my stash potentially for Greyson's quilt.  Tiffany liked a different shade of blue instead so Greyson got his quilt with those shades.  Since they were already pulled I chose to make them up.  I had fun with the back on it.  Just didn't have enough so a little improvisation took place.
I must share my concern about dye lots in fabric and how different they can be.  My stash enhancement arrived on Thursday to have enough background to finish the blue quilt.  When the package was opened the fabric looked much darker than what was already in the project.  It was noticeably darker!  Now I pondered on what to do as most of the project was already into blocks.  Not happy!  I thought I would need to scatter the darker fabric around the top and hope for the best.  Not happy!  Then I took a look at the back of the fabric to see if it would match better since sometimes that is possible.  HAPPY DANCING!
This is the back of one of the blocks.  Notice the difference of the top piece?  This is the front of the darker background.  Big difference, right?
Here is the front of the same block.  Notice the same piece at the top?  This is the back of the darker background.  Worked out in the end =^.^=

I did get a birthday card and gift from Rita...it has been in the mail since the last week of September.  Yep that is right.  It should have been here according to USPS by 10/3.  The package ended up back at Rita's address, label torn away.  Rita mailed it back out and it finally arrived.  The Candy Cat project might just have to grow as this fabric will definitely be used to make a block.  Love the card too.  Thank you Rita!

I also got a kitty t-shirt from my Mom.  Most of you know I'm from Maryland.  How perfect is this?  It says "meowyland".  Thank you Mom!

This week there is a change in both used with two project finishes and purchased with the fabric needed to finish the blue quilt plus some extra...next time I'll be using it front side out!

Used this week:  14 yards
Used YTD:  127 yards
Purchased this week:  2 yards
Purchased YTD:  23.75 yards
Net used in 2020: 103.25 yards

No comments: