Sunday Stash Report, December 30, 2018

This week there has been work on three projects.  Kyanite is the only one that I have everything I need to stitch.  I love how this one is coming out.  That small unit in the lower right corner is part of the sashing.  I need to make a whole bunch.  I haven't calculated yet how many, but the quantity will be less than the project Straits of Mackinac from Bonnie Hunter's String Frenzy book.  There are 50 done and another like amount part done.  The original project calls for over 500 of these 2 1/2" units.  The solid aqua square is also part of the sashing.  The last part of the project calls for a string border and a unit that finishes out the pattern.  Even though this was on the 2018 UFO list...it should be a first to be done in 2019.

Christmas gifts from Mom.  Mom knows how I always need neutrals.  As a matter of fact strips have already found their way into Part 6 of Koldplay (#GoodFortune).  I can always use sharper flower pins too.

Last purchase of 2018.  FQ for Kilkenny Kat from Rosie's.  When I was at Rosie's getting FQs for Sunshine Quilt Guild's next opportunity quilt, this navy came home with me too.  I didn't spend any time looking for more navys since Mom has a package coming my way with several pieces from her stash.

Kilkenny Kat's string border saw a little bit of stitching along with a few units stitched but not yet trimmed.  These get cut in half once from corner to corner and a red strip joins the two pieces back together.  I am wondering if going scrappy on the red makes sense or too busy.  The design wall will come in handy for that determination.

These fabrics for Sunshine Quilt Guild's next opportunity quilt were cut and kitted on Saturday.  Invite will be extended to the members to help with it's making.  There will be more on this project tomorrow.  Tickets available September 2019.

No final finishes for 2018.  There are a lot from the 2018 UFO list to carry over into 2019 =^.^=  For my last Stash Report of 2018 not so bad.  It could have been better, but I still managed to move fabric out and not in!

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  138.75 yards
Purchased this week:  .25 yards
Purchased YTD:  44 yards
Net used in 2018:  94.75 yards

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

The top blues are so lovely, and gifts of fabric are always winners. Happy New Year.XXX

Betty said...

Looks like you have a table full of goodies to complete. Agsin love your color choices, you will be busy. Happy New Year Sweetheart