Sunday Stash Report, October 18, 2015

I purchased 3.5 yards of fabric from Rosie's in La Mesa on Tuesday.  I had thought I only needed one cream an two purples...found something better.  I am all set for my Believe! class that is later this month.  This project has an awesome name thanks to Nancy J who is one of my followers.  Katchaklaus!

 I focused time on Kamikaze preparing for the binding and sleeve.  I will be trimming it down tomorrow morning so I'll have something to work on during the day's football games.
These are the fabrics for the binding of Komatose.  I finished the project last weekend, but binding hadn't yet been prepared.  I'll be using strips from all the teals used in the project.  
Kristoff blocks are finished.  I have to figure out which frog block finished the smallest and cut all the others to that size.  If it is too much smaller I might be adding a strip of the background to it then re-estimating what my average block size is.  All blocks must be the same size.  The border is 2-1/2" strips sewn in a log cabin style.  My initial thoughts are to use the solid red I used in the hearts for the binding.  I will see how that works out as time moves forward.  After the block size is decided I will be working on the eyes, pupils, and smile.  These frogs have lots of personality.  How do you like the placement of the prince frogs?  I am planning for the back to be all the leftover fabrics.  This one should take a bunch from my stash.

Numbers for this week have a little enhancement for Katchaklaus that will soon be changed to a used.  I hope you have a wonderful week.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  212.25 yards
Purchased this week:  3.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  167.75
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  44.5 yards


Nancy J said...

Wow, fancy that, a catchy or Katchy name from down here in NZ all the way to a Santa quilt!! Thank you so much for choosing my suggestion, I am thrilled. Love those new fabrics.

Betty said...

The frogs are so cute, and the finishing on the faces will really make them become happy. Love all those teals, my favorite. I think the lay out of the frogs is very nice. Looks like you won't have a problem sizing them, they all look pretty much the same.

Janet O. said...

Some very nice new fabric additions--especially love the bottom 3!
The frogs look so princely. : )
As for binding, I think I'd be tempted to audition one of your darker teals. IMHO, the little pops of red on the hearts are perfect, but I wonder if a binding in that color would pull your eye away from all of the cuteness in the middle. Just wondering out loud. You will know best when you try it out.
Nancy came up with a great name for your flying Santas!