Sunday Stash Report, August 9, 2015


I sewed with Kerry yesterday.  I so enjoy our sew days!  She had Kabuki done for me to take home.  I also got back to finish up the Fur Ball donation for the San Diego Humane Society.  As I've been saying we want to have it to them this week.  I will share photos of it tomorrow once the button eyes are sewn into place.  Kabuki is a design by Bonnie Hunter called Dancing Nine Patch!  It is a great use up scraps project.  The fabrics on top are for the binding and the sleeve along with the label.


This is the start of Krystal Kreek.  Another one of my 2015 UFOs yet to be called.  It too is a Bonnie Hunter design called Lady of Lake Erie.  It was published in Quiltmaker Magazine May/June 2011.  This issue also happened to be the release of Debbie Caffrey's mystery series Secret Window that I was the host for the online Quilt-Along.  That was a fun filled experience that took place over the course of six months.



I have more prepared for sewing into blocks today to work on.  Kerry let me raid her blue stash yesterday to get these seven blues.  I found myself short one 3" blue square of the one on the top right.  Hopefully Kerry will find enough on her cutting table to make one more for me.  I only need two more blues to finish the block portion of the project.  Next will be the pieced border using the same fabrics but assembled into triangles.  Look for progress tomorrow.  No changes to stash, but as you can see it's coming.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  176.5 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  77.75
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  98.75 yards

Enjoy other projects through the links at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Dar said...

Your Lady of Lake Erie is looking beautiful. It won't be long before you will have lots of yardage to count "out" with the projects you are working on. Have fun at the Fur Ball. Nice donation quilt too.

Janet O. said...

Krystal Kreek is really coming along. And I love the name. : )