Tuesday, February 12, 2013


Hope you celebrated Fat Tuesday the way it should be done!  I had my own rendition...a class with Janice Ellertson at Bits and Pieces in Poway.  The project was her and Jodel Yover's design Beauty 'n Check.  The clever part of this paper pieced New York Beauty is to use OESD's Light Weight Tear-Away Stabilizer sheets that you can purchase by the roll or cut into 8.5" x 11" sheets that fit right into your ink jet printer.  I'll be making the 56" x 56" wall hanging.  I got two blocks started.  I'll be going out of my color ranges for this project.  I have a earthy Fall tones background that will use more muted colors.  It still will be a bright quilt, just not with clear colors.  I'll have pictures as soon as I can get the pieces together.

My second activity for the day was Sunshine Quilters Monthly Meeting that had Jan Krentz as our speaker.  Gosh does she have some wonderful quilts.  There is a workshop that will be scheduled later this year during the summertime that I hope to attend.

On to my sewing room!



1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you know how to have a good time! : )