Sunday Stash Report, January 13, 2013


I have a finish to report!  My Easy Street is done.  I had a time figuring out the corners for the pieced border.  I calculated and made several changes along the way...all day Saturday...but I'm happy with how they have turned out.  I played with the idea of a blue flying geese in the corner, but found that the purple seemed to work best.  I will be using a one piece teal binding.  My Easy Street by Bonnie Hunter that is her annual mystery finishes at 95 1/2" square.  I call my quilt Kushy Kourt.  Sorry not to be able to show the entire quilt; that will need to wait until it's quilted and a sleeve allows me to put it on my quilt rack.


I have a dark string border to work on today for Kwitcherbitchin.  First I'll need to iron some of the fabrics before cutting.  I'm sure this border will go much faster than what time it took for Kushy Kourt.  Pictures on my Sunday sewing tomorrow.  

Used this week:  25.75 yards
Used YTD:  25.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  0 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  25.75 yards

See how others are using their stash at Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Betty said...

Your quilt is lovely and bright, however large, I really do like it, everything pops, colors are super.

Laura said...

You make me want to piece a border for my Easy Street. Yours looks great!

Jennifer said...

The pieced border looks great! Congrats on the finish.

regan said...

Yours is the first border I've seen on Easy Street.....and it's AWESOME!!!! Well done!

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I really like your border! I'm still trying to get finished the main body of the quilt - haven't even thought about a border yet!

Janet O. said...

Why am I not surprised that you are already finishes--border and all? *LOL* You are one focused woman. BTW, that border is perfect!

DeAnna said...

Beautiful color choices! Stunning!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh how colorful and fun Kwitcherbitchin is! I love the strippy border idea - looks great!