Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Last night was Canyon Quilt Guild January Meeting.  We were treated by members of the guild, Judy and Barbara.  Judy's presentation was on her art quilting talents and Barbara on her traditional quilting talents.  It was indeed a treat to see what fabulous quilts these two produce. 


At the meeting Jeanne and Collette turned in their neutral string blocks.  Nice job to both of you.  I'm so happy to have an opportunity to own some of the fabrics that have been used to make the blocks from this swap.  I can't begin to say the variety of neutrals is amazing.  Collette was nice to bestow upon my a gift of a few extra blocks.  Thanks Collette, this opens up more patterns to be made from Bonnie Hunter's String Fling Book.

In case you want to wish Bonnie a Happy Birthday it's Wednesday of this week...

I'm counting down the hours now until Mom comes to visit.  She'll be here on Thursday for a good long visit.  Friday takes Kerry and both of us to Road to California Quilt Show.  The excitement is mounting!  It will be the first time for Mom at a major quilt show.  Do you remember your first?  Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

Betty said...

Glad that you got more blocks, Yes, I am looking forward to my visit. Wish my other daughter was joining us, Maybe in a couple of years when she isn't playing taxi, she can join us, that would be so great.

Janet O. said...

Do I remember my first big quilting show? You mean like last year at the HMQS? Yes, I remember that. : ) And it is nothing compared to the Road to California show, from what I hear. Can I be jealous?

Teresa in Music City said...

I do indeed remember my first trip to a major quilt show! I began quilting in 2006 (as a full time hobby LOL) and at that time the AQS was held once a year in Nashville. It took me only 30 minutes to get there! I still remember my astonishment the first time I walked onto the show floor! Wow is all I can say! And I still love the feeling I get whenever I walk onto a show floor - possibilities abound!!! I hope you all have as much fun as I always have :*)