Sunday Stash Report, January 29, 2012

Kontinuum 2012 UFO Challenge January
Hooray!  I'm finally able to claim something in the USED category.  It seems like forever since I've been able to.  This USED is made even better since it completes my first 2012 UFO with Patchwork Times.  #5 - Kontinuum is finished.  I'll be getting this to Kerry's Quilting for some fancy quilting stitching.  How about something in that blue?  This is Patchwork Times pattern Connect The Dots by Judy Laquarida that you can find on her website.  I finished mine just after the pieced border.  I plan to use the blue for the binding.  Did you notice the blue and the cream are scrappy?  All of this from my stash.  So drum roll please........

Used this week: 16.25 yards
Used YTD: 16.25 yards
Purchased this week: 0  yards
Purchased YTD: 9.75 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 6.5 yards

I've got another 2012 UFO for January to get done yet.  I'll be working on this today.  Jo's Country Junction's Challenge has us making from Quilt Squares #1 a 12" x 12" small quilt this month.  We'll be making the log cabin design and like Patchwork Times linking up on Jo's Country Junction blog.  I think I'll be doing all these 12" blocks with a similar fabric theme so that they'll go together as a sampler at the end of the year.  No name for this one yet.  We'll see what comes to mind as the year progresses and more blocks are assembled.

After this one I'll be assembling the Kindhearted Klues.  This project is from the recent Road to California Quilt Show workshop Lakeside Mystery 1 with Tracey Brookshier.  Tracey's pattern is called Candy Hearts.  I'm going to keep this one a mystery for you until tomorrow when I post on Design Wall Monday!

See others adding and using up their stash at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

Kontinuum is beautiful, Sandi! I love scrappy in a controlled color palette, and your color selections are lovely together. Judy is so good with borders--this is no exception.
Lori Smith's patterns are great--wonderful idea to do all of these small quilts in coordinating fabrics to come together in the end as a sampler quilt.
Looking forward to seeing your quilt in your next post.

Helen in the UK said...

Yeah - congrats on a great finish :)

Kathie said...

Beautiful quilt, congrats on a UFO finish and your stash numbers.

Jennifer Thomas said...

Congratulations on the first finish of 2012! It's blue-beautiful. I really like the Jo's Country Junction pattern, too. That looks like a lot of fun. Have a super day!

Angie in SoCal said...

Congrats on your finish. It beautiful! Love you the applique/pieciing block on your next one.

JudyCinNC said...

Kontinuum is beautiful and I love the scrappy look. Judy sure has some nice patterns. Judy C sends warm wishes (literally)

Diane Kelsey said...

Such a good feeling to have one UFO completed. Well done!