Design Wall Monday, September 11, 2023

 

Today a day to Honor and Remember the events of this day in 2001 that forever changed so much in America.  I am quarantined still and will be for a few more days.  I hope to get to work on campus by Thursday.  DH took the COVID test and thankfully he can start the events he had planned tomorrow.  He meets up with a long time friend that he hasn't seen in nearly 30 years.

I finished up the Popstar project to the block and setting part.  I found a suitable red/white/blue plaid to use with the solid red background and a coordinating 4 1/2" strip that says AMERICA for the top border.  I will probably finish this up with a coordinating 4 1/2" blue border on the sides and bottom.  It should finish at a fairly good size.  I plan to send this to my Mom for a veteran project that her guild supports.


I have also had time to make two more pumpkin designs for the Witches Night Out project.  This entire project is cut out which makes stitching each design that much faster.  There is another sitting on my sewing table waiting.

Another day closer to full recovery.  Still staying low =^.^=

2 comments:

Betty said...

The plaid looks great with Popstar. Like the Top border, it sets off the quilt very well.
Pumpkin blocks are very attractive. I know how you love Halloween. Wishing you a fast recovery.

Janet O. said...

Very cool Popstar design. I love shadowing effects.
Looks like you are having fun with those pumpkins!