Design Wall Monday, December 5, 2022


Fabrics for #Chilhowie.  The neutrals are on the ivory side, the green takes the place of the orange, the purple is the purple, and the orange takes the place of the aqua.  I hope the oranges capture the colors of a sunset well enough.  Chilhowie is the Bonnie Hunter Winter Mystery this year.  I am always happy with her color selection and moving the green to the color (orange) used the most in the Mystery isn't too much of a stretch.  Also replacing the aqua with the orange that is used the least in the Mystery.  I plan to play along with the part releases each week.  I do need to catch up a bit before Friday =^.^=  I won't be making nearly the quantity of units until I know that I like my changes.

These are the fabrics for Part 1

These are the fabrics for Part 2

I am excited to get this project under the needle.  If you want to learn more about the mystery head over to Quiltville and look for the tab marked Chilhowie Mystery!  There are several holiday events this week that I will need to prepare for.  The first is a potluck on Thursday and the second on Friday is a work cocktail and plated dinner celebrating five-year increments of company anniversaries.  I am certain to be one of the large anniversaries with 35 years.

2 comments:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

The colors are wild, bright and sassy. 35 years is a super plus, wish I could witness that celebration

Kerry's Quilting said...

Congrats on your 35 year anniversary! What a great accomplishment! Love your color choice for Chilhowie.