Sunday Stash Report, May 29, 2022


Katching Kluckers is completely finished.  I finished putting the eyes on yesterday.  I am being a bit silly...but, this occurred to me as I was putting this project together.


How funny would it be to add a caption to the third turkey that didn't make it to the quilt front?  I actually learned something in putting the caption together.  The presidential pardon of the Thanksgiving turkey has become an annual event, but the peace pact between the fowl and the White House is a relatively new thing.  And in fact, a few presidents actually ate their guests!  It was President George H.W. Bush who made the turkey pardon official.  The names were Peanut Butter and Jelly come from a list submitted by schoolchildren.  The two fowl will return to their home state of Indiana to live out the rest of their days at Purdue University's Animal Sciences Research and Education Farm in West Lafayette.

I am back to Autumn Love project.  These are the units for the 4" Stars of Week 4.  This Week also has four Harvest Stars and the word AUTUMN to assemble as well.

Nothing to change my stats this week.  I sure am enjoying the four day weekend!

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 66.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 43.5 yards 
Net used in 2022: 22.75 yards

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love your comment, can you print that onto fabric and applique it there as well????? Interesting facts about The White House.

kwiltnkats said...

That's exactly what I did Jean=^.^=