Sunday Stash Report, January 31, 2021

 

Krooked Kreek is complete!  My first 2021 UFO finish and surprisingly during the first month!  Terrific...do you think I'll be able to keep this up :)...of course not although you know I'll give it my best.  My Grassy Creek, Bonnie Hunter's 2020 Winter Mystery finished smaller than hers.  Krooked Kreek is half the size, only using 12 blocks for the top coming to 64 1/2 x 80 1/2.  Now that is the size just perfect for my wants.

I had thought to make this like Kerry's with 16 blocks, but when hers finished at 80 1/2 square I made adjustments.  My four made, but never forgotten blocks and their associated sashing along with other units will become parts of the back along with the yardage you see at the top of the photo.  I can't tell you how long the yardage has been in my stash just waiting to be used.  I will not be needing all of it so you will likely see it used again.  It may be used in Appalachian Autumn also by Bonnie Hunter with lots of grays.
Kassy is certainly not as impressed as me with my January Christmas!
These all came on Saturday.  I also got two packages earlier in the week so my Stash Stats are going to blow out the paper this week =^.^=  
Earlier this week came the back for Vintage Christmas. 
The next day came the red FQs that for the most part will be used in Cinnamon Spice. 

Then although I checked, sometimes in the rain, the post person did not bring me anything until Saturday...

From the left, another ornament, the last BOM from a 12 month project, stash enhancing, and yellow FQs...
The ornament is a gift from Mom and will be added to the nearly a dozen to be made for a 2021 UFO item and of course our Christmas tree starting this year.  Thank You Mom!  This one came from #StitchedModern and is a Polar Bear with the cutest blue vest.

This is the last BOM for Beware! It's Halloween!  I have not even started this project.  Thankfully it isn't a 2021 UFO.  Midway Wool coordinated this BOM from Pin & Proper Designs by Vickie Higley.  Midway Wool has a Stitch-a-Long going on now that I'm very interested in participating.  It appears to be designed for us beginners trying wool stitchery.
These are stash enhancements.  Quite a lot of FQs from RebsFabStash.  On the left is a new line called Colete.  I was drawn in by the grays and the white grays.  For these I'm thinking once again of Appalachian Autumn.  The low volume whites on the right are the new Bee Background fabrics by Lori Holt and Riley Fabrics.  I am low (no pun intended) on these types of fabrics.  I'll use the warmer colors for Sunny Side Up and the cooler ones for Winter Blues.
StitchesnGiggles is a new fabrics shop for me.  I saw this FQ bundle and gave the fabric shop a try.  I will use them all in due time.  The warmer ones for Sunny Side Up, Appalachian Autumn, Cinnamon Spice just to name a few.  The only cool one that I have planned is Winter Blues where there are a possibilities.
Last but not the last of what is yet to arrive are yellows from The Quilt Basket.  These will be for Sunny Side Up.  Sunny Side Up will be on my table before too long.  It is a baby girl quilt that will be arriving in June.

All said and done...my stash brimith over with some wonderful fabrics.  17.5 yards in just one week.  Hey maybe this is the replacement from shopping at Road to California Quilt Show that was all done online this year.  It would have been this weekend.  Sure miss my annual quilting weekend with Kerry.  Fortunately, I got Krooked Kreek done so some of sting for my purchases is reduced.  Later today I start on my first of three Valentine's projects.  Check out my progress tomorrow on my Design Wall Monday.

Used this week: 11.75 yards
Used YTD:  11.75 yards
Purchased this week:  17.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  38.5 yards
Net used in 2021:  -21 yard

3 comments:

Kerry's Quilting said...

Great to have Krooked Kreek finished, like the size. LOVE the yellows- will need to get that bundle for myself. Also the Lori holt neutrals. Lots of fun getting all the packages in the mail.

Nancy J said...

Get that fabric when it is there, you never know when supplies will dwindle. Love your ornament. " Mail, Mail, glorious mail, nothing quite like it for giving you happiness"

Andee Neff said...

I have been looking at reds lately since I am low on them and yours are fabulous! Yay on finishing Grassy Creek. I have all my blocks together and am finishing up the last parts. Have had no sewing mojo (and tons of fatigue) this past week so have not gotten to it, but I will!