Sunday Stash Report, January 24, 2021


Krooked Kreek (aka Grassy Creek by Bonnie Hunter) is moving right along.  Kerry finished her flimsy and it came to 80" square.  I'm now thinking I'll make mine 12 blocks 3 by 4 rather than 16 blocks 4 by 4.  The extra blocks will be included on a strip down the backing.  I just don't want a project finishing so big.  What you see hasn't been sewn completely together so now is the time to make the decision.  The last part of this project remains an inner 1.5" border and then a diagonal gray string border.  I'll continue working this project until it is done.


During the week I had two purchases arrive to my door.  First came these cinnamon colored FQs in a bundle from Farmhouse Quilting Company.  This is another part of the fabrics I have been putting together for Cinnamon Spice project from the pattern Sonnet.

I also received my surprise 2021 Cupid Box from Fat Quarter Quilt Shop.  The advertisement just drew me in.  Want to see what came in the box?

Lots of cute heart shaped notions and a small Valentine's wall hanging.  All I need to add is background, binding, and a back.  Of course to keep the fun coming they've offered a 20% off coupon to get the Fall in Love fabrics by Riley Blake Designs.


Yes I'm going to give in 💘

I am also sharing more novelty fabrics with Kerry for the I Spy Quilts she has plans to make for her grandchildren.  I just cut out from this stack for my Mom so why not extend to Kerry?  A bit of damage this week, but all planned.  There is still more to come in the coming weeks.  Looks like I'll be in the negative until Krooked Kreek finishes.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  0 yards
Purchased this week:  3.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  21 yards
Net used in 2021:  -21 yard

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Krooked Kreek looks fantastic! I actually like a large square quilt for a queen bed, but you do what works for you!
Are those Cinnamon fabrics Kansas Troubles? They appear to be, to me, but no one around here carries them anymore, so I don't know how the newer ones look.
The Cupid box looks like a fun surprise.

Betty said...

Cute surprise “Cupid Box” always nice to get a surprise. Love the cinnamon colored fat quarters,
one of my favorite colors. Grassy Creek is turning out very nice, love the borders.

kwiltnkats said...

Yes Janet all Kansas Troubles. They are not the same line. I got them through an Etsy seller.

Mehedi Hasan Jim said...

really cool