Sunday Stash Report, August 23, 2020

 

Today there is a change to my stash count.  Excited to have Starry, Starry Nines by Pam Buda done.  If you look close enough to this #7 2019 UFO you might see that it is Halloween themed fabric.  This project finishes at just 23 x 29.  The smallest unit is just 1/2 inch finished.  Cloves are considered an Autumn spice, so guess what this project will be named?  So let me show you what had me sewing through this hot week in San Diego that leads me to the finish of Kloves...
The second block of the project used the 9-patches that I was making on Wednesday.
Then came the setting triangles and corner stones.
That's when the project could come to life.
Moving on to Jelly Snowflake Mystery project a bit to finish up Block 3.  The clue just came to participants on Friday.  Sue has a webpage if you want to see what everyone else is doing with their projects.  My project is with 2 inch strips where everyone else is using 2 1/2.  I did this mostly because of the lesser amount of background yardage that was in my stash.  It also provides a smaller project and that is a big plus.  There is one more clue and then the finish.
Saturday came to figuring out what UFO project to work on next.  I decided on A Quilt for Mrs. Chalmers by Em and Me Designs.  Headed to my stash to see what was there that sparked an interest.  These are the fabrics I plan to start with.  Likely I will skinny down the 2 1/2 inch units to 2.  This will give me a projet smaller than the 46 x 56 it is designed for.  This is #5 2019 UFO.  With this project done only one remains to finish for 2019's UFO list.  I don't think #12 Fit to Frame will complete, but then it is only August =^.^=  I will be selecting a 2020 UFO project to work on...between everything else!  Check back tomorrow to see if fabrics have been selected for Star Strings by Pam Buda; #4 on the list.
I started last night and will continue today on a Candy Cat block.  It is fun to get back to a paper pieced project.  The neck and ears are waiting for me!  I have already selected fabrics for the next three cats.  This project was designed for 30 cats.  It might see less in hopes to keep this project smaller too.  
Oh I love surprises coming to my mailbox!  Especially when it comes for my hobby!  My sister sent this fabric treat with the note saying she thought of me while shopping in Hobby Lobby.  The neutrals will definitely work well.  Thank you =^.^=

Used this week:  3 yards
Used YTD:  101 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  15 yards
Net used in 2020: 86 yards

2 comments:

Nancy J said...

I wonder how many quilters will know the make of the tractor!!! One of our neighbours when I was a child had one, and now they old ones are a collector's dream if they find the older models. Love your quilt, those shades are so good together, and what tiny pieces. Enjoy your days, hope you are safe, all parcels here, at our home at least, have to be sprayed with methylated spirits and left outside for THREE days, to make sure no Covid lingers on the cardboard or wrapping. Those pale fabrics will be lovely with some of your others.

Betty said...

I really like the Kloves pattern. Love the Irish chain going through the pattern. Always nice to open your mail box and receive a surprise.
Looking forward to seeing all the cats, love that cat pattern.