Sunday Stash Report, January 21, 2018

My wallet wasn't emptied on fabric this year at Road to California Quilt Show.  Space was made available in Kerry's trunk to bring a new sewing machine home.  This is the high end Janome "workshop" sewing machine.  I think a pretty good deal was had from the show purchase.
The laundry can wait!  I set it up for a test drive on Friday.  It just hums along producing great stitches.  The purchase came with the portable table too!  Am I happy?  YES!
These were the other items that came home with me.  The Bloc-Loc rulers are part of my Christmas goodies from Kerry.  The pouch is the perfect size for my collection of Bloc-Loc rulers.  I like to keep them all together.  It replaces a Ziploc bag with many holes from the strong tips of the rulers.  The scissors were BOGO; a steal!  Up at the top of the photo is DH's birthday gift.  This is a fabric add that will quickly be a fabric used.  He's going to love the beer themed lap quilt.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 0 yards
Purchased this week:  11 yards
Purchased YTD:  14.25 yards
Net used in 2018:  -14.25 yards

Enjoyed friends company, even one from Maryland!  Kourageous wasn't displayed in the best of locations.  It was too far away to see detail and for it to elicit the ooh and aahs that being up close would have done.  No ribbon, but positive comments from the judges.  Makes me want to work harder the next time.  I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy the show too.  Already planning on the trip next year and this year's event isn't even over.

Kerry and I took two workshops this year.  Two new projects to finish adding to my increasingly list of UFOs.  Having multiple projects going at the same time is just not my style, but it is happening.  Visit tomorrow to see the starts of these projects!

3 comments:

Aunt Marti said...

Wish I had known earlier that I would be here for the show — we could have met up! RTC is an incredible show, but I agree about the quilt displays — it was so crowded when I was there Friday that I couldn’t really see the quilts!

Nancy J said...

I can see new quilts turning out at an alarmingly fast rate with the new Janome. Not a luxury, a real necessity.looks wonderful, and a table too, well done.

Janet O. said...

Score on the new machine! How exciting!
And several other goodies found their way home with you, too. I am looking forward to seeing the new projects.
(Can't believe Kourageous went ribbonless!!)