Design Wall Monday, January 15, 2018


And the planning for two new projects starts with the pulling of fabrics from stash!  There will be two workshops that I will participate in at this year's Road to California Quilter's Conference & Showcase 2018.  Up above are fabrics I will use in the workshop by Barbara Black called Antique Rose Star by Machine.  I have four charm packs and plaid yardage in the light, medium, and dark values required.  Not sure how these will all play together, but every effort will be made to make them work.

These fabrics are for Magic Mariner's Compass workshop by Janna Thomas.  There is some Sta-Flo starching to get these ready for the workshop.  Janna Thomas is the Bloc-Loc Lady that I've taken many workshops from.  You know how much I love their numerous rulers.  The TIS and KIS rulers will be used for this project.  The next time you see a blog post you'll see my first block.

I have no names picked out for these two projects...so help me with "K" names!  Kourageous will be judged soon if not already.  Wish me an exciting email in my box on Wednesday when winners for this year's show are announced =^.^=  Look for me at the show.


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

the Mariner's Compass is a quilt or block I so love, and what about using somewhere in the name " Kourse" as the compass defined the course for so many sailors and ship captains. the other might be " Kaptain's Kourse". The fabrics are wonderful together.

Janet O. said...

Have you met Barbara before? I would love to take a class from her. Her blog posts are very thorough, when giving instructions.
I love that Bramblewood line of fabrics! Looks like you are all set to go!

Betty said...

Fingers crossed for some good news. You made it into the show and your quilt is beautiful, Good Luck, have fun, love you.