Sunday Stash Report, October 1, 2017


Sunshine Quilt Guild Members may have taken first in the Sew Off for Charity.  The San Diego Quilt Show was this past week.  It ran Thursday through Saturday.  Many of us were there early to set up for the 9am start.  Our mission for the next eight hours was to make as many completed quilts as possible for our charity.  Winner gets $250.00 for the guild.  We were teamed up against Friendship Quilt Guild.  It was a very fun and just a little bit stressful!  Our group completed 21 quilts with the last one just being able to scoot in before the buzzer.  We will find out the results Monday or Tuesday.
I will be off soon to Rosie's to pick up my six quilts.  Three were judged which leaves me anxious to see what was said about them.  Kerry and I split the fabrics for a Sew Kind of Wonderful pattern we picked up.  It is called Mini Pumpkins.  It will finish at 36" x 36".  These are the orange fabrics that will be shared with Kerry.  For now two yards as an add.
Kerry had a quilt for me to bring home.  It is the quilt for Mom that we worked on while she was here earlier this year.  I have just enough strips of blue to work for the binding.  Right now I am sharing the lovely quilting.  It is a yellow and blue variegated thread.  When I get to sewing down the binding the front will be shared.  First I will need to make room on my sewing chair...this seems to be their new favorite place when I am in the sewing room =^.^=
Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 110.5 yards
Purchased this week:  2 yards
Purchased YTD:  48 yards
Net used in 2017:  62.5 yards

Hope your first day of October is perfect!

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

When the back of a quilt is so beautiful, swirls, and that gorgeous thread, what will the front be? Mini pumpkins, looks like fun, and I hope you have passed the finishing line with honours. Two on the best seat, one of ours is on a warm bed rug in the lounge, the other, old Felicity, on a rug with a hot water bottle under, she is almost 19, and getting very frail.

Jennifer said...

Hope your guild came up on top. That mini pumpkins quilt is really cute - I made it this spring!

Kerry's Quilting said...

Happy Happy Birthday today!! Hope you enjoyed your day!