Design Wall Monday, September 25, 2017

My progress on Kutarug.  Each of these pinwheel blocks finish at 2 1/2", yes the pinwheel are that tiny.  I still haven't a clue how many are needed to have this project finish to a king size quilt.  I'm just continuing to make them.  The difficult part for measuring is that assembly will take place vertically not horizontally.  Anyone who can help me figure this out would be most appreciated.  From the original pattern that used 3 1/2" pinwheels, 234 were needed.  This resulted in a project that finished at 59 x 81.  Guess I'll have to see if my DH can figure out the math.
These are the 1 1/2" hour glass units that are used to create the pinwheel blocks.  Each pinwheel block requires four of these in like colors.
Here are the next batch of hour glass units in the making.  You might know the time consuming part comes into trimming these down from the bonus triangles they started from.
These are what is left to add to the growing project on the design wall.  Then there's the easy blue/yellow half square triangles to make more of.  I just might get this project done by the end of 2017!

No comments: