Design Wall Monday, October 17, 2016

Carduus
Karduus Fabrics

This is my Karduus.  The start of my next project that is a 2016 UFO.  I plan to use soft batiks in colors of the desert.  The pattern calls for one background fabric, but being the scrappy one mine will use several fabrics in similar shade.  I will be experimenting a bit with a few darker batiks still in desert colors.  The sewing is in the strip set style.  Excitement for me in using many of the strips that come in the strip sets that just don't seem to work due to their colors.  You know those not quite this coloring and not quite that coloring.  

Karduus Start

The first nine-patches to be sewn were real light.  The camera couldn't even figure out how to adjust the colors :).  

Desert Nine-Patch Pattern

The 6 1/2" blocks will be set on point with a solid block between them.  There should be around ten different desert colored fabrics and as many background neutrals that I can find in my stash.  I would very pleased to get all the fabrics from my stash, but so far I have added in a bit of salmon.  Having to purchase a bit of yardage for the setting triangles might be necessary too.


4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am loving the fabrics you have gathered for this. Can't wait to see it come together. Oh, and I remember you said it will come together quickly, so I won't have to wait too long! : )

Betty said...

You are so right Janet, it won't be long and it will be shown finished. lol I too like the colors, soft and sweet.

Aunt Marti said...

This is going to be a pretty one!

Kerry's Quilting said...

Pretty fabrics. This is going to be a beauty. Looking forward to quilting it!