Sunday Stash Report, January 25, 2015

Let's start with all my fabric purchases at Road to California...  I purchased a FQ bundle to get the 14 you see on the left.  These won't take very long for me to use.  Neutrals are a must with scrappy projects!  Next up are FQ cheddars and a 1/2 yard yellow.  I picked up a pattern while I was at the show that will use the cheddars.  (I'll share patterns tomorrow.)  Next up fabrics for Kurry; I needed a few more blues and yellows to complete the look that I am working to achieve.  The multi color will be part of the consistent design that runs through the top.  Finally, more FQs for another of the patterns that I purchased.  I'm certainly looking forward to using these fabrics.
I knew I'd have a heavy "purchase" week and really hoped to finish my Grand Illusion to offset the add.  Well you can see that I finished Kadabra...  The teal fabric that I thought to use for the inner border just didn't work so yellow it is.  I am thinking to use the teal for the binding.  We shall see what will be after it is quilted.

Here are my stats for this week.  Hope your day was perfect.  Patchwork Times will connect you to other quilters using up their stash.


Used this week: 16 yards
Used YTD: 32.75 yards
Purchased this week:  10 yards
Purchased YTD: 24 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  8.75 yards

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

They are indeed a great stash/pile, assortment of necessary fabrics, and after all, every one is so needed. Will wait for the patterns, it's always so good to see others' interests.

Jennifer said...

The finished top looks great and the yellow border just pops! Congrats on a finish to offset your purchases - looks like you had fun at the show :-)

Janet O. said...

Looks like you made carefully considered purchases at RTC. Good for you--such restraint! : )
Kadabra looks wonderful!

Betty said...

Kadabra is great, I love the way you finished it off. I know you won't have any problems using up your purchases. Looking forward to the next post.

Mary said...

Kadabra is great with the Yellow inner border. I hope there is Teal in your backing fabric so the teal can be used for the binding. I am still stitching on my Grand Illusion. Too many New Year's starts have taken over my Quilt Zone.