Tuesday, September 9, 2014

This is the hand sewing that kept me busy on my flight out to my parents home in Maryland.  It sure is a long flight from California.  Having my hands busy sure makes the time go by faster.

Krazy Kattle 2 is above.  The cows were left from the original project.  The barn finished off my desired layout.  I sewed down the eyes, lashes, and nostrils on the three cows.
Krazy Kookoos is about half finished.  This is the original project.  All ten birds had their eyes sewn in place.  After the quilting a button will go in the center of the white wool.  There will be three birds left that I'll create a secondary project with.
Lastly Krazy Krones 2 had the moon, nose, and the star movement from the hat stitched.  This block was the only one left from its original project.

Sadly, Buggy Barn Quilts is closing their doors.  I'm so bummed about this.  They have a sale going on of their remaining inventory; 20 percent off discounts started last Thursday.  I grabbed three pattern books and a few 1 yard pieces of fabric.

I posted two of my newest finishes on my website www.kwiltnkats.com.  If you have time check out Krackerjack and Krossfire under the Personal Quilts tab.  Both of these along with six others were just displayed at the San Diego Quilt Show this past weekend.

Kerry has some quilts for me!  I'll see her tonight at the first of the membership year meeting of Sunshine Quilters.  I'll be sharing Kootenay Kabins and Kings soon. 

Hope it isn't as hot as its been in San Diego since I got home on Sunday.  I hear places in Canada woke up to snow...

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love the way you are using up the leftover blocks from previous projects. They are both so cute!
Sad to see a favorite shop close!

Betty said...

Glad that you were able to do your hand sewing. Yes, busy hands makes the time fly by. Nice projects.