Design Wall Monday, September 15, 2014

 I have cut out the 12 1/2" squares that will be assembled for the back of Kadence.  I used all the fabrics I could find that were patriotic and added a couple of geometrics to give me the needed width and length.  I will be putting these together later tonight.
 The pink strings of Zuckerwatte (yet to be named) were calling to me on Sunday.  I really do enjoy sewing the blocks.  I have most of the other pieces ready to assemble into blocks.  Only the pink strings are needed at this point.  I decided Krazy Kookoos could wait...
 My Mom gave me a lot of strips while I was in Maryland, so combined with mine I have lots of variety.  Definitely the more variety the more interesting the string blocks become.  There are still a bunch more to make, but I made a good dent in the required 40.
Now it is time to square these up to 4 7/8"!

I hope you have an excellent week.  Check out other projects from quilters around the globe through the links at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Nice job on the backing. I really need to do this on a quilt or two!!
Sometimes you just have to work on the quilt that is on your mind the most. I love the look of string blocks, I just have not acquired a taste for making them. I have a string project started years ago. I Love the look, but I never want to work on it. : )
Your pink string blocks will be very pretty all trimmed up.

swooze said...

Zucker-whatchamacallit makes me think of kites!