Design Wall Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy 50th Birthday Karen!  Kandle Kounting is a Buggy Barn design that I had lots of fun making.  I used the fabric line by them from Moda called Angel's Among Us.  

The family had a blast celebrating both of our birthdays on Saturday at Matsutake Steak House.  There were 13 of us sitting around two hibachi tables watching the chefs prepare our meals.  Karen was dumbfounded with the birthday gift my parents gave us...transportation, lodging, sightseeing, and a Broadway show in New York.  We head out for the big excursion on Friday morning at 4:45 am.  So excited!!!
After wishing my sister a Happy 50th this morning I got into my Mom's red stash.  I've got about 15 of the 60 string blocks together.  Once they are all together I'll get busy on the 9-patches that will be red/neutral.  I'm planning on making Talkin Turkey! a design by Bonnie Hunter that can be found in her String Fling book.  I suspect that I won't get to the 9-patches until I get back home.  This project is part of a swap that I'm doing with eleven others.  You'll see more on this swap in days ahead.

Hope your week is a great one.  See other great quilting projects through the links at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Surprises are great when they really work. This was a total surprise to Karen. Happy Birthday to both of my daughters. So much love to give.

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you had a good celebration. A Broadway show? Cool!!