Sunday Stash Report, September 19, 2010

I have not had much time this past week for sewing. Well I suppose I did but somehow I did not get much accomplished. On second thought I probably did as the final seams of the two blocks are coming together quite quickly when I do sit down to my Pfaff.
Monday after work, dinner and the dishes I cut yet more segments for the hour glass and flying geese. A little different this time in my cutting technique...I'm not cutting all at once as I usually would. Honestly I don't know how many more I need to prepare. All I do know is that I've been having to cut more to reach the 45 of each block type. After the cutting I've been paring the pieces and to the sewing room I go. Monday was the day for component assembly.
Tuesday and Wednesday were late nights, doing sewing things but not in the sewing room. Sunshine Quilters monthly meeting and the Preview Night for the San Diego Quilt Show....oh that reminds me I need to pick up my quilts today at 1pm. Didn't hear about any potential buyers for them, but last year I didn't hear from a buyer until nearly a week after the show. So I've not dropped the possibility just yet. I didn't make any fabric purchases at the show. I did purchase a cute pattern by Whistlepig Creek Productions. No I didn't break any of my sewing rules as it isn't a quilt pattern! It is a pattern called Wild Cats! that presents two styles of decorated sweatshirts, a wallet type purse, and a cute beret. This will make into a very cute Christmas gift for Morgan my soon to be three year old niece.
Thursday was more cutting and paring of pieces. Around 10pm I got to assembling the two block types and got 24 of one and 11 of the other together before I ran out of components.
Friday was my OFF Friday (love the short weeks). I spent time with household chores and errands after my exercise. I spent a few hours sewing components before my DH and I took off for our Friday Night Date. We went to Ali Baba's Cave. This fun Mediterranean sports bar and restaurant is located just a few miles from our home. They have hookahs and live entertainment that starts at 9pm. Before the evening was out I had to get involved in the lively entertainment...gave my best attempt at belly dancing... I even had DH shuffling his shoes. No you sillys DH was slow dancing!
Saturday I packed up Koala for my sew day with Kerry, but ended up instead with the second project I packed up worked on instead. We together sorted out anything less than 1/2 yard pieces from a tote pan of neutrals, pressed and cut into either 3 1/2 or 2 1/2 inch strips. Not what you call a fun day, but it will make pulling the next quilt project together quicker.
Here it is Sunday, the start of a new week. Tomorrow is Canyon Quilters monthly meeting so sewing today and then next opportunity could be Tuesday. No purchases and no used to report this week. I'm shooting for a used to be reported next week. Happy Sewing to All!
Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 70.25 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 6 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2010: 64.25 yards

Go to Judy's blog at
www.patchworktimes.com and see other Sunday Stash Reports.

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Hey I had zero used also but at least you didn't buy any at your show. Love the pattern, I am sure Morgan will love it.

Betty said...

I agree with Kathie, Morgan will love the pattern. It is really a cutie. I sure appreciate all your help that you have been giving me over the PC. Chat with you soon.