Design Wall Monday, September 13, 2010

Already the middle of September. My how time passes quickly. Football is in full schedule with three games yesterday and two games tonight. Of course I'm interested in the late game where the Chargers are poised to win! Go Chargers!

My design wall is on my sewing table this week. I've been sewing away on the different components of the two blocks and border but have nothing really to show except all the stacks. I've got quite a few more to assemble, especially the hour glass component. One thing I've realized is that I never needed the 696 hour glass components that I mentioned earlier. That huge number was the amount of triangles that needed to be cut to make what was needed or only 170 components. I really did think something was out of whack! Here's Koala in pieces. I hope to make lots more progress throughout the week.


Today is entry check in day for the San Diego Quilt Show that runs September 15 thru September 18. I'm planning on attending the Preview Night on Wednesday. The vendors will be there along with opportunity quilts as well as all the beautiful entries for this years event. I've got three on display; Karnations Karnival, Kool, and Karmel Kolors. Karnations Karnival will be part of a group display with other members who participated in Canyon Quilters 2009 Mystery Challenge Project that I coordinated.
Tomorrow night is Sunshine Quilters first meeting of the new membership year. Their opportunity quilt that will be offered for chance makes its first public appearance at the San Diego Quilt Show. Kerry and I assembled Golden Nugget. Let me know if you want a chance!
Check out all the other design walls at www.patchworktimes.com.

3 comments:

Kathie said...

Looks like you have a great and efficient sewing area, so nicely organized. Can't wait to see the quilt top put together.

Hope you really enjoy the quilt show.

kathie

Quilter Kathy said...

That looks like a fun pile of pieces to make into a quilt!

AnnieO said...

My desk looks a bit like yours--only I am sewing 4 patches into a border. Have a great time at the San Diego show, and good luck for ribbons!