Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My start at September 2013 UFO Challenge project was Monday night during Dancing With the Stars.  (I just love watching this show!)  I pulled fabrics from my stash and assembled the first two trees.  There are twelve in the McCall's Quilting November/December 2009 pattern called Jeweled Forest designed by Renee Peterson.

Tuesday night two more trees grew and four more were prepared for sewing.  It is a paper pieced pattern that is somewhat on the small scale side.  The tree block finishes is 3 1/2" x 6 1/4".  The entire project will finish at 22 1/2" x 37 1/2".  It probably doesn't appear like it, but that border is composed of three different patterns not including the corners.  The neutrals are shades of beige on the yellow/gold side.  It may look odd having a few darker fabrics in these first trees, but those darker fabrics will be picked up a few times throughout the entire project.  Thanks to my Sister and Sister-in-Law Barbara a few years ago this quilt already has a name selected.  Kamp Kastles...I believe they did a great job transforming Jeweled Forest into a "K" name...don't you?
I'm running a bit behind where I'd like to be in the progression of this months challenge.  Keep your fingers crossed for me only a couple of weeks before D-Day!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, this is a beauty! I would never have guessed that the trees are so tiny. I had the wheels turning trying to select a name for this and then I read that you already had one. That's great!

Betty said...

I agree with Janet O. I had no idea the trees were small. I love the turquoise (or blue) one. This will be another nice one. I know you will finish it on time lol