Sunday Stash Report, July 1, 2012

Well you can see I've been adding to my stash this week. 
Amidon Quiltworks 50% purchase
27.5 yds
Quilters Paradise
1.75 yds
Quilters Choice 30% purchase
9.5 yds
  
On Monday I went to Amidon Quiltworks in Poway.  Sadly they will be closing their store front mid July.  Nancy wants to try something different.  The plan is to sell what remains of the fabrics online or on the road as she travels with the "show circuit".  All of these fabrics should find homes this year.  The ones on the left are neutrals for a UFO with Judy that hasn't yet been selected.  The group in the middle will each go to different projects two not yet started and the other I'll use as a back for Knickels.  The largest stack on the right are for backs mostly with the two smaller pieces just because I thought they'd fill short falls in my stash.

On Tuesday I went to Quilters Paradise.  I couldn't find the black and white check, clown themed fabric, or a cute dog themed fabric that I was hunting.  I did find this great confetti dot that was near the end of the bolt.  You can see the rest came home with me =^.^=.  I've had this fabric before and loved it.

Saturday I met up with Kerry for lunch.  Afterwards we headed over to Quilters Choice which again sadly will be closing their store at the end of July.  Kathy wants to retire and travel with her husband instead of being tied to a store.  There are lots of fabrics available in her shop.  All of these have projects to go into.  The two groups in the center and left are part of what I've been hunting for.  I resigned on the clown themed fabric and chose the wild zig zag print with the teal as the inner border that will complete my July UFO with Judy that I'm calling Klowning.  The fabrics in the middle are the dog themed fabrics for the San Diego Humane Society Fur Ball donation due end of August.  The three on the right are for another UFO with Judy not yet selected.

I'm not happy to record purchases, especially without recording a use...but sometimes it just has to be that way.  I'll be sewing away with six more UFOs and who knows what else to bring the net to a figure I'm happy with before the end of the year.


Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 147.75 yards
Purchased this week:   38.75 yards
Purchased YTD: 86  yards
Net Fabric Used in 2012: 61.75 yards

Stop by tomorrow and check out Klowning!  Until then see how others used their stash this past week at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Don't feel too bad! I purhased 28.50 yards this week, and only about half of it has a planned use as of yet. I'm working on stash enhancement it seems instead of stash usage :*) I just love the fabrics you chose! Isn't it sad to see so many shops closing their doors? It's happening everywhere.

Judy D in WA said...

I love the white with the confetti specs! Sometimes you just need new fabric. Like the 19 yards I bought this week that only half have a use for. :) I see nothing wrong with that. You got some great fabrics. Enjoy them.