Sunday Stash Report, June 19, 2022

 


Sunshine Quilt Guild met on Tuesday.  I took advantage of some things on the FREEBES table.  While making the Cow project I learned that I had little small print browns and these three browns came home with me.  The reds...all I can say is that there is never enough of them in my stash.  The yellows were depleted when making Hearts for Hope; time for refresh :)  The very cute cowboy fabric is yardage that I will use for charity quilts and it is flannel!  Not pictured is what drew me to the FREEBES table in the first place.  I saw in May at the Sunshine Retreat that many with Sew Easy tables had a cup attachment; decided I wanted one and Pam pointed out there was one at the FREEBES table...now it is mine.  Can not wait to give it a try.
This is Houston Scraps.  I had enough scraps from my trip to Houston Quilt Show in 2006 to put this together.  The original project finished in 2008 called Kaleidoscope.  While digging around for browns to make the Cow project, it hit me that this fabric was taking up a lot of space in my stash.  Well no more!.  
Here is Heart of Hope ready to mind.  I will be donating this one to the Ukraine effort.  Friend was headed to Long Beach Quilt Show in August to take it to a drop off point.  Just learned that the friend will not be going so need to figure out another drop off point.  The quilting was also donated by Kerry, along with the batting and thread.  It is quilted in a heart pattern with blue and yellow variegated thread.  Love the pattern!
Finally is Krush 2 ready for binding.  I am waiting a bit before binding as my right knuckles are a bit sore.  Think this might be signs of "art"; both my grandma and mom have this issue.  It usually simmers down after a few days.

So here are my stash numbers.  Some in and some out!  Not counting the FREEBES.  Head back tomorrow to see about the Cow project.  Enjoy your week =^.^=

Used this week: 3 yards
Used YTD: 80.5 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 44.5 yards 
Net used in 2022: 36 yards


No comments: