Sunday Stash Report, June 12, 2022

 

Koastline is complete and I just love it!  Trust me this photo doesn't give it the nod it deserves.  Kerry did wonders with the quilting as is always the case.  Because of the applique she really has the chance to show her talent.

I'm helping out and now I think I'm owning the making of a cow themed baby quilt.  One of my Mom's friends has a family relation who is having a baby.  The sex of the baby is not yet known, but the nursery is to be a cow theme.  Trust me it isn't easy finding a pieced cow block.  Friends helped find this pattern by Lori Holt from her Farm Girl Vintage 2 design book.  It is the Milk Cow block.  Oh another detail about the cows, they had to be brown.  So I went to my stash to help out with brown fabrics where the print wasn't too girly.

I made the two up, Mom liked, and I planned to send her the background, udder/nose, and pasture fabric so that she could continue.  Well one thing led to another and I happily agreed to go for making the project.  These cows make up quick and darn how cute are they?

These two fabrics were picked up to make cows three and four.  Pinwheels are planned in the background and pasture fabric.  Now all I need to do is find yardage for the outside borders.  He cow hide fabric you see pictured above is not nearly enough to get around this project.  It should finish somewhere around 45" square.

So this week I add to my stash the two yards above for cows three and four.

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 77.5 yards 
Purchased this week: 1 yards 
Purchased YTD: 44.5 yards 
Net used in 2022: 33 yards


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Love the cows, I grew up with Friesians, Black and whites, with about 3 Jerseys thrown in the herd to keep up the butterfat content.This will be a delight for many years, as the baby gets older and can run his/her fingers round the little animals.

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

So neat, it is darling. You are a true winner