Sunday Stash Report, April 21, 2013

Knoted
67" x 80"
I have the binding done on Knoted (pronounced Noted, necessary to keep with the "K"s).  This is a pattern design by Judy Laquidara called Note to Self.  She's made it available to us on her website for FREE!  Thanks Judy.  I stopped mine after three borders the binding is the color of what would have been the fourth border.  I used a favorite fabric in what appears to be black.  It is actually a black with brown mottling.  It is so rich.  I've got some left so you may see it again in a future project.  You can see my collection of finished quilts on my website.
Kalahari
76" x 93"
Kalahari is my April UFO and this week's Stash Used.  I've decided on the golds for the back instead of the easier purchase of 5.25 yards.  The piece to the far right will be used for the binding.  Today I'll start the cutting to 10" and probably get to the assembly of the scrappy back.


Used this week:  14.25 yards
Used YTD:  120 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  33 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  87 yards

That's it for this week.  Hope you are enjoying your sewing projects and using your stash!  See other projects being used from stash at Patchwork Times

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great usage for the year! Knoted looks very nice.

Julie in GA said...

I love your Kalahari quilt--the design, the colors, everything about it!

Angie in SoCal said...

Wow! What numbers - you are an inspiration to the rest of us. Love that Kalahari quilt and Knoted is very colorful. Great finishes.

Betty said...

Good choice for using the golds on the back ofyour quilt, it will be very rich looking. Knoted is also very nice.

Karen said...

Wow! Great stash busting. I Iike your Knoted quilt.

Janet O. said...

Knoted is a fun pattern. I'd probably twist something the wrong way and not notice until it was finished.
What made you decide to name all your quilts with "K"s?
Kalahari is still gorgeous!! : )