Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas Everyone!


I finished four holiday ornaments that will become gifts for next year.  It's a block I found from a link on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville Blog.  I enlarged it to make small individual quilts that will finish around 17 x 20.  Right now they are at 8 1/2" square.

This is how the blocks I've been making all year turned out.  I was participating with other quilters at Jo's Country Junction.  We made a 12 1/2" block each month that would come from Lori Smith's From my Heart to Your Hands series of patterns called Quilt Squares.  We made three from each of #1, #4 and #6.

Several quilters made small quilts with their blocks.  I plan on making a sampler lap quilt with mine.  I'm looking for ideas now with plans to finish it in 2013.

December's Sawtooth Star with QSTs

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Just sitting here at the computer while I wait for the Wassail to come to a simmer.
Your ornament blocks turned out very cute. Are you putting multiple borders on them.
Love your quilt squares. Do you have either one of Sharyn Craig's books on settings? I love those for inspiration.
Merry Christmas, Sandi!

Betty said...

Wow! nice ornaments, and what a name for a quilt, you will need a big tag to put on that one. Bet no one will forget that name, lol

Kathie said...

Love the ornaments, hope you had a great Christmas. Thanks so much for the nice card.