Design Wall Monday, March 21, 2011

Well Judy I tried.  I just couldn't do it.  Making Ends Meet in a weekend just isn't something I could pull off!  I've got all the components finished, but no steam left over to assemble it into a top.  So this is how Monday begins... 

I'm not certain I'll have enough blue for the 2nd of the 2 inner borders, but maybe...time will tell.  I don't want to cut anything until its sewn to the pieced border.  I'm still planning on the really cute novelty fabric for one side and part of the top.  The rest of the 4" outer border will be pieces of what's left.  I still have a bunch of the green, orange and gold.  I've been giving thought to adding in a zebra print.  What do you think?



Tonight is Canyon Quilt Guild's March monthly meeting.  I'll be meeting up with quilting sisters for dinner and then on to the meeting with guest speaker Laura Wasilowski, the Dean of the Chicago School of Fusing.  I'll be spending the rest of my evening with DH binding the second of three denim quilts.  Hope there is something good in store on TV. 

Find time to be inspired with other Design Walls through Judy's Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

JudyCinNC said...

I think you have made tremendous progress on your Making Ends Meet. I will continue to watch for a finish. This is a wonderful quilt pattern that Judy L is sharing with us all. Judy C

Betty said...

Can't beleive that YOU got all tuckered out????
Looks good so far, enjoy your guild meeting tonight. Tonight is the premier of DWTS??

Melinda said...

You will love Laura - we had such a wonderful time when she came to our guild. Great progress on your Making Ends Meet.

Barb in Mi said...

Love your colors for Making Ends Meet - and it sure was a tall order to finish it in a weekend. Have fun at the guild!

Mary Ann said...

Gosh, you really got a LOT done - good for you! I can't wait to see it when it's all done - a zebra stripe would be sew much fun!! I'm maybe a little new yet to try this adventurous quilt, but perhaps one day?
Thank you for stopping by to sign up for the fat quarter giveaway at http://www.rocknquilts.blogspot.com

Quilter Kathy said...

How about some zebra and tiger prints???
...great job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am impressed that you tried to do that quilt in a weekend! It is sure pretty tho- I kind of like the idea of a zebra print!