Design Wall Monday, December 13, 2010

On my design wall today are two blocks made for Sunshine Quilt Guild's December BOM.  It is a simple block that looks real good with the black and jewel tones.  I decided to make two...to increase my chances of winning!


Sunshine Quilt Guild's December 2010 BOM

Next project to work on is Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Old Tobacco Road (OTR).  This is Clue 4 which adds 108 3.5" x 6.5" bricks in rusts, blacks, and browns to Clue 3 components.  There is only one more Clue to this Mystery which makes....  You'll have to wait!  I'm looking for ideas for a name.  What is similar to OTR that can be made with "Ks"?  Right now what comes to mind is Kamel Kourt.  I'm thinking of Camel cigarettes...there must be something more clever.

OTR Clue 4
 Until next time hope your days are filled with needle and thread.  Check out other Design Walls at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Very cute block of the month. I did 3 of ours to increase my chances also. Wish us both luck...
Kathie

Karen S said...

Oh! What beautiful colors you are using!

Chris said...

I love black and jewel tones together. They are so striking. Great blocks :)

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

love your jewel tone blocks! good luck with bonnie hunter's quilt. I made double delight with my sister for my parents. love her quilts, i just don't slow down often enough to make all those pieces:)

Quilter Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing how your road quilt turns out. It's one of the mysteries that I missed but I love how it looks.

Lori said...

I chuckle at how much stash you've used. Impressive! Are Bonnie's mysteries great for using up those unloved fabrics?? You must have lots of patience.

Betty said...

Your blocks are lovely. I hope your name is drawn for them.
OTR is a hard one to name, I hope you get lots of ideas.