Design Wall Monday, October 8

Sharing the project I had to keep quiet until a Show and Share took place in Maryland!  I mentioned in a post just after my visit to my parents that I attended my Mom's quilt guild meeting and workshop the following day.  We learned how to make these flowers.  Mom prepared the flowers and I sewed.
I brought the completed flowers home and arranged them into the two projects pictured.  The fabric that we had was enough for 12 blocks.  Mom went back for more fabric to finish the borders.  Don't they look lovely?
I am not partial to yardage only for borders so I created the smaller flower that started with the template from the yellow center of the larger flowers.  I just could not continue the stitch process on the black center...notice the black ink?

These should make for a nice gift don't you think -

1 comment:

Betty said...

Yes, this project really turned out nice. Both the small quilt and the table runner are lovely. My quilting buddies loved them both as wellb