Design Wall Monday, July 18, 2016


I have all the pieced units of Kookoo Katchu together.  It is my June UFO.  I am busy putting together Block 1.  The rest of the design is pretty much in the sashing.  You didn't think my Design Wall would be without something for too long...now did you?

This of course is just the start, but it shouldn't take too much time to finish Block 1s.  The time will come when the applique gets started.  This is where I'll be slowing down LOL.

While I was at a quilting retreat not long ago, Janet had a box like this for storing all of her Perle threads.  (Janet actually had a bunch of these boxes.)  One is all I need unless I find myself evolving into another quilting path =^.^=.  It is much better than a gallon size baggie.  I had room for some fancy threads and mono filament in my box.

It is a fishing tackle box made by Plano.  23780-00 Deep Stowaway Box with Adjustable Dividers at just $16.66.  I got mine through Amazon.

Another neat thing learned about at the quilt retreat was this battery operated fan.  Candi had one that I borrowed when she wasn't using it.  Mine came to me as a surprise from my Mom.  She purchased it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

Until next time, be safe and watch your back.  There are way too many nasty things going on around us.  See other projects through the links at Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

I KNEW your design wall would only be empty for a nano second!
Seriously--you have all of the pieced units made already?!? Wow!!
Really liking what I see--so fresh and crisp looking.
Thanks for sharing those two fun discoveries from your retreat.

Betty said...

Looks like you are running and with a good start on your June UFO, you will be caught up in no time. Great box for your fancy threads, keeps them clean and easy to see. Your wall didn't stay bare very long, lol

..