Design Wall Monday, January 25, 2016


These are the fabrics that will become Kaffe Kisses.  My Chic Kisses project from the workshop I took at 2016 Road to California Quilt Show this past weekend.  I may add in a few more black/white fabrics not sure at this point.

The first four units that make up one block.  I am still deciding how I will set the blocks together.  The black/white strips and the wedges at the bottom are cut for the next units pictured below.

There are four matching prints and four matching solids.  As you can tell from the fabrics I have six more combinations to cut and stitch.  The units get squared up quite a bit during the unit construction.  The four units above still have the final square up to do before the block of four units is assembled.  I will be working on this project until February 1st when the next UFO is called by 52Quilts.com.

On Friday night Kerry had a cutting party after our workshop and dinner.  We cut out all the fabrics for our Union Blues project.  We split each of them up into 11 monthly kits.  The first three months will have us making 720 2" finished HSTs in various shades of blue and brown with a cream neutral.  So this month 240 HSTs for my Konstitution!

I still have Kanton Kull aka A Prairie Gathering to stitch yet this month...oh my I sure have a lot of sewing to get through before the end of the month.  Linking up with Patchwork Times.  Enjoy your week =^.^=

6 comments:

Joy D. said...

You certainly do have a bit of sewing this week. I love how Kaffe Kisses is coming, and with the paper for Konstitution, I'm sure you will fly through those too! Good luck this week, and have fun!

Charlene S said...

Too many half square triangles but have fun making them. Kaffe Kisses looks great!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I wanted to do a pickle dish quilt since I saw the one in Kaffe's book. I thought it might be this year, but my projects seem to be piling up......

Love your blocks, I am so jealous.

Nancy J said...

Just as well it is the season for indoors and sewing,lovely selections of all those fabrics.

Janet O. said...

I can't believe how much you have already done on Kaffe Kisses. What am I saying--of course I believe it. We are talking about you, after all, and you always make amazing progress on quilts! : )

Betty said...

Yes, you have a lot of sewing going on. I bet your progress will show within the week. Kaffe Kisses is different, it will be a big surprise to see it complete. Friday will tell me if you have another complicated quilt to come aboard?