Design Wall Monday, June 23, 2014

I worked to have Smith Morning Mountain finished during the retreat this past weekend.  This is a two block pattern designed by Bonnie Hunter that can be found in her Scraps and Shirttails II book.  I have another 14 blocks to go of this design; pieces are cut and ready.  The other block you can see from the units and pieces in the back of the photo are ready to go, but somehow the Tri Tool ruler/template didn't make the trip to the retreat with me so no blocks could be sewn :(!



At the retreat Sue helped me by cutting out #9 UFO.  It has yet to be called out by Aunt Marti in this year's UFO Challenge.  It sure is nice being ahead of the UFO schedule.  #9 is a Bonnie Hunter design called Fourth of July.  I'll be assembling this simple project soon.



The quilters who retreated this weekend all have assignments to make a Bible block.  Several of them finished during the retreat.  Two took them home and I did the same.  I have Jacob's Tears to assemble.  Once all are finished I'll put them together, Kerry will quilt and our group will gift the retreat location with the project.  They currently have a quilt on the wall of their dining room that must be replaced!

Going to miss my Mom a bunch; she leaves on an early flight back to Maryland tomorrow morning.  Two weeks is never enough.  Our next visit will be in late August when I fly there to celebrate both Mom and Dad's Birthdays as well as their 61st anniversary.  

Lots yet to see through the links of Patchwork Times.  Enjoy your week...

No comments: