Design Wall Monday, December 2, 2013

Here we are the first days of December 2013.  This year has truly flown by.  I have been kept busy with my sewing projects all year long through 52 Quilts, 13 in 2013 UFO Challenge plus a few others.  Now into the final month's UFO #10.  
Either Kades Kove or Kingsford...
I will be working on emptying out the most packed of my stash tote containers, the blacks and grays.  My project is called Rustic Meadows; a design by Alex Capadalis Dupre that was featured in the Quick and Easy Quilting Magazine's October 2000 issue.  Yep, this is a project that I have been wanting to make for quite some time.  My photo is not the best; it was bleary to start with and honestly my version in blacks, grays and creams will not look anything the same.  My hairdresser suggested Kingsford for a future black quilt and I am liking that name better than Kades Kove at the moment.  We shall see what happens as my project is put together.
Celtic Solstices Part 1 (yet to be named)
I have linked up with Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog today to show my progress on Part 1 of her current Mystery Celtic Solstices.  I will be making the smaller version.  My colors are as she suggests.  I like the combination and do not remember making one with them all in one project.  Green and Yellow are the other colors that will make up the project.  A name is not decided for my quilt yet.  Keltic Kosmos has been suggested so far.  In keeping with the first name being a "K"...what do you suggest?


Kilowatts
Lots more time to be spent on Kilowatts yet.  Between my December 2013 UFO and Bonnie's Mystery I plan to work on it.  I hope to have it done before the year is out.  I have 12 more Block As and 10 more Block Bs to complete.

There are lots more projects in the work around the globe check out some of them through the links at Patchwork Times and Quiltville.

8 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

Bonnies new mystery is so tempting. She's using a ruler that's collecting dust in my drawer. Yours is coming along great!

Mary said...

Wow that's quite a project list. Looks like you've got your hands busy right now finishing up.

Bonnie said...

You are getting a lot of progress made. Congratulations!

Cheryl said...

Love the black/white and grey pineapple! But your UFO #10 makes my eyes try to focus....beautiful colors, though. //a very interesting quilt.

Janet O. said...

I like the name Kingford.
Kilowatt is looking so stunning!
Can't wait to see Bonnie's mystery "materialize" on your design wall. : )

Julie in GA said...

I love pineapple quilts, and your black and white one is absolutely incredible! Can't wait to see it finished.

Andee said...

Mystery is looking good!

ebhaloha said...

WOW what a prolific quilter you are. Looks like to enjoy doing the mystery quilts every year!
Colors are great!
Bev H.