May's UFO Challenge, May 1, 2012

Judy at Patchwork Times has selected #2 for our May UFO Challenge.  For me that means Kamile will be in full production in my sewing room. The pattern is called Perennial Petals from Quiltmaker Magazine Issue Mar/Apr 2011 by Caroline Reardon. I've started this one only through copying the pattern for the paper piecing technique that will be used to assemble it. Should be easy to grab from my stash since both the flowers and the leaves are scrappy.  I may look for one fabric for the square at the bottom of each flower just to give the project a bit of consistency.  I'll probably be using a bunch of different off whites for the background.  This will be fun since I've not paper pieced in a little while.

If you are participating in a monthly challenge I hope you like what you're about to work on for the month!


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow, this is a beautiful pattern, Sandi. You don't shy away from a good challenge, do you? I will watch your progress on this with delight. : )

Lori said...

lots of paper piecing--you must be the "Princess of Patience!"

Betty said...

What a beautiful quilt you will have. I love the flowers, and it won't take you long to whip this out. Just give yourself some quality time and it will be finished. Really a nice one.