Sunday Stash Report, October 9, 2011

My Mom and Dad sure know how to put a smile on my face when selecting birthday gifts!  An added bonus is that gift fabric purchases don't get added to my stash report!  What more can be said about this except a big thank you!  My used this week comes from a back I put together for my Mom's charity quilt.  Kolonial is still yet to be counted and Katnip Krazy isn't too far behind.

Used this week: 5.25 yards
Used YTD: 197.75 yards
Purchased this week: 0 yards
Purchased YTD: 104 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2011: 93.75 yards

Today I'm getting done with the weekly chores, making a lemon cake that I'll serve with raspberries, and finding time to get in a swift walk on this beautiful crisp cool day in San Diego.  All of this must be done before we leave to join friends to watch the Chargers WIN...how's that for positive thinking?


I got Kalm back from Kerry's Quilting (pictures will come soon).  The quilting pattern really continues the feel of the quilt's design and the Zen feel of the colors.  Kalm is the quilt I took at a workshop on circles at Quilt in a Day in La Costa with JoAnn Lamb guiding us through her design What Goes Around.  I need to figure out what I have left for the binding.  Hopefully it's one of the tans although the pink could work too.


I do have lots of pictures to share with you from the first weekend in October.  It was a very quick viewing of the annual Temecula Outdoor Quilt Show.  It was a lovely day for it too.  The event is held in Old Town Temecula which is an area known for wineries and more currently olives.  Of course this means lots of taste testing spots for both wine and olive oil.  The quilts are hung all over town from the buildings and the businesses have a very profitable day selling their merchandise.  Quilters Coop was a must to visit and there is a wool shop that just opened up for a future trip.  The Show is held the first weekend of October.  Mark your calendar for next year.  Enjoy the pictures....




























Hope your sewing week proves to be what you've set out to accomplish.  Or can find your way to getting lots of it done.  See how everyone else is doing with their stash at Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

This outdoor quilt show looks like such fun. I wished I could get closer to many of those quilts. There are some beauties there! The weather looks like it cooperated, too.

Jennifer said...

What a great show - thanks for sharing the pictures!

krisgray said...

Thank you for the lovely pix. Makes me wish I could have been there drinking some wine, soaking up some nice weather, and looking at all those beauties.

Betty said...

Nice photos, and what a beautiful day. Wish I was with you to enjoy all the quilts.