Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Today I'm featuring my guest's work!  Meet my Mom, Betty.  Here she is busy at work on her Quiltmaker Secret Window Mystery Quilt-Along project.

Part 1 has the green in the pieces and Part 2's start is on the left.  She's working on Part 2 now.  No I've not shared the entire project with her...


She got more done than any of us at the weekend quilting retreat.  Hospice and Project Linus are going to be happy with the first two projects.  The Scalloped Charm project was purchased at Memory Lane when it was evident that she'd run out of things to work on at the retreat!  Both projects may have a border or two to add on; we'll see.

Twisted Rail

Scalloped Charm
The third one is for a quilt guild challenge (ssh Kathie....).

Liberty
She's got other projects to work on yet during her stay.  Hopefully everything she brought will find it's way under the needle!

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I think it is so fun to quilt with your Mom! Great projects--I especially like Scalloped Charm! My Mom only lives 5 miles away. Once a month I drag my machine and projects to her house and we spend a few hours sewing on quilts together. Good times.

Betty said...

Janet O.
I'm having a blast with my daughter. You are lucky to be so close. I'm 3000 miles away. Have a good day. Betty

Kim West said...

Your twisted rail looks great! :)

debbie m said...

I'm a lurker of your blog...and a member of the guild/bee your mom is in. Tell her Debbiem said hi, and I love that little scalloped charms quilt. Sounds like you two are having lots of fun.
My mom is coming this weekend, but she can't qult anymore. We never really had the chance to share our hobby.
I would like to know how you usually get so much done!!!???

Kathie said...

Love all the quilts, can't wait to see them at our guild when Betty gets back home. It is definitely great you guys can share such a fun hobby.